According to a 2021 PC Mag study, 70% of people admit they use the same password for more than one account. One important way to keep your assets safe is by ensuring staff are using strong authentication to protect access to accounts and ensure only those with permission can access them. This includes strong, secure and differentiated passwords. Using weak and similar passwords makes a hacker’s life a lot easier and can give them access to more materials than they could dream of. Be sure to use a password manager.
What are the advantages of a password manager?
Password managers not only let you manage hundreds of unique passwords for your online accounts, but some of the services also offer other advantages as well.
- Saves time
- Works across all your devices and operating systems
- Protects your identity
- Notifies you of potential phishing websites
- Default passwords are NOT secure. Put cybersecurity first and secure all internet-connected devices before using them.
- When it comes to passwords long and complex is best! Make sure they are unique for each account and at least 12 characters long.
- Organize your ever-growing list of online accounts with a password manager. They can manage all your online credentials like usernames and passwords. It stores them in a safe, encrypted database and also generates new ones when needed.
Find out how many people keep track of their password by writing them down in a notebook.
Contact [email protected] to discuss security awareness training for your business.
1 – National Cybersecurity Alliance: https://staysafeonline.org/